The Association of Computer Users and the St. Paul Fire and Marine Insurance Companies have announced a new type of insurance for small computer owners that includes coverage for accidental loss of data.
The policy covers:
- Direct physical loss or damage to equipment, disks, programs, documentation, and source materials.
- Accidental erasure or loss of data.
- Dishonest acts, fraud, or misuse of equipment by employees or outside parties.
- Extraordinary damage to equipment caused by external electrical problems, such as spikes, brownouts, or power surges.
- Extra expenses incurred as a result of a covered loss.
The cost of coverage is $175 per year for protection up to $25,000, with a $250 deductible.
Association of Computer Users
P.O. Box 9003
Boulder, CO 80301